Breathable Underlayment for Open Joint Rain Screen Wall Systems
A double layer, coated polyester, water resistant, UV resistant, breathable underlayment for open joint rain screen wall systems.
As a secondary drainage plane or weather resistant barrier (WRB) behind rainscreen wall cladding systems including siding (wood, fibre cement, metal, brick) and shingles (metal, copper, zinc, cedar).
Especially suited for use in cladding systems where the WRB will be visible and resistance to UV exposure is needed.
Link – www.srpcanada.ca
- High rate of breathability- Allows moisture within the wall system to dry rapidly reducing potential for mould, mildew, rot, metal corrosion and reduced insulation thermal values.
- Ultra Violet Light Resistant- Can resist UV that penetrates through cladding systems.
- Water Resistant- Moisture that enters the wall system is quickly routed away before it can damage insulation and other components.
- Durable-Tear, rip and puncture resistant reducing repairs and labour costs.
- Polyester- Provides superior resistance to the high temperatures typical of dark coloured cladding systems.
- Black for open joint cladding systems.