Breathable Underlayment for Rain Screen Wall Systems
A triple layer, spun bonded polypropylene, water resistant, breathable underlayment.
As a secondary drainage plane, Weather Resistive Barrier (WRB) behind rainscreen wall cladding systems including siding (Vinyl, wood, fibre cement, metal, brick) and shingles (metal, copper, zinc, cedar).
Installed in open joint cladding systems including Eternit, Superpanel, Trespa Meteon, Prodema.
Link – www.srpcanada.ca
- High rate of breathability-Allows moisture within the wall system to dry rapidly reducing potential for mould, mildew, rot, metal corrosion and reduced insulation thermal values.
- Water Resistant- Precipitation that enters the wall system is quickly routed away before it can damage insulation and other components
- Durable-Tear, rip and puncture resistant reducing repairs and labour costs.
- Polypropylene- Provides superior resistance to the high temperatures typical of dark coloured cladding systems.
- Self-cinching at fasteners- Minimizes penetration point leaks and the need for sealant
- “Dries In” Building-can be installed and left exposed for up to 4 months allowing construction to proceed efficiently.